Teacher of Science – Essex
Role available for a dedicated teacher of Science at a very inclusive school in Essex, starting in September 2023. This Science teacher role gives the opportunity to grow and develop, at a school that prioritises combining academic success with good character building to give the students the best chances for their future.
The candidate for this teacher of Science role will need to hold a QTS or equivalent, with a relevant undergraduate degree, as well as having successful experience in teaching at a secondary level.
To be successful for this Science teacher role, it is also required that you:
- have a good knowledge of National Curriculum requirements at KS3 and KS4
- are skilled in ICT, including with the use of interactive white boards
- can manage your work effectively and efficiently, with excellent time management skills
- are able to motivate students and provide them with a safe learning environment
- have good communication skills, both written and spoken, and can use these to communicate well with any parents or guardians
Some of the main responsibilities of this role as a teacher of Science include:
- planning lessons and curriculums, as well as contributing to the Science department’s plan
- working as a form tutor as well as being a Science teacher, and monitoring the progress of students across both
- teaching Science and providing a learning experience that is to a high standard
To be considered for this Science teacher role, an enhanced DBS and references will be required.